Top 10 Daily Top Selling Deals - Official TigerDirect.com Deals

Official TigerDirect.com Coupons

Official TigerDirect.com Coupons

Friday, February 25, 2011

VMware ESXi on ML330 G6

via ProLiant Servers - Netservers topics by Biz-R on 2/14/11

Hi guys, wonder if you can help. I've just purchased an ML330 G6 and had planned to put ESXi 4.1 on it, however I'm having trouble getting it to boot post-install. I've tried with both the SATA RAID enabled and disabled, but no good - as soon as the install finishes and it reboots, I get 'non-system disk or disk error'.

 

Strangely enough, even when RAID is enabled and a 1+0 array created (2 x 250gb disks present), the VMware installer still offers me the choice of two HDDs to install to. When I try Server 2008 R2 I can install it and boot fine with RAID either enabled or disabled.

 

I don't have much experience with this range of servers, can someone point me in the right direction? I'm sure it's something simple but all firmware etc appears to be up to date.

 

Many thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Computers-and-Technology Articles from EzineArticles.com