Empty folders are common for many windows users and there is no particular reason for that. Sometimes the folder refuses to delete because there is some system file in it or sometimes it is so much into the folders that you cannot find. For me the most common reason is when I convert images i just delete few and keep some and repeating this, results in lot of empty directory.
Now my question to you is, Why do users do not like Empty Folders ? They don’t take up any space on your hard drive right ?
The problem is when you have a lot of empty folders along with folders which are not empty you tend to waste time checking the empty one also, assuming there is something in it which You do not remember.
Today we will discuss about a free software, Remove Empty Directory, which makes this task easier for you. The best part of this software is that it integrates with the context menu i.e. right click on any folder to find if there is an empty folder. Below is a video demo ( 42 seconds ) and then we will talk about the features in detail.
It not only finds empty folders but also tells you why the folder cannot be deleted. The possible reasons are represented by icons which means
- The folder is locked.
- There is a hidden folder, useful when you hide important stuff and forget.
- The folder is protected.
- If the folder contains trash.
Other features :
- Find complete log of deleted folders,
- Choose to move it to recycle bin directly.
- Add folders and files which should not be included in the Empty Folder search.
- Protect and lock folders to skip some folders in the search result.
You can download this software from here.